Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading to Le Lac this week with the family and need a bit of advice as to where to take my competent (plough to parallel) but slightly nervous 12 year old.

We are staying next to the Toviere lift so was thinking of heading up there then Henri down to Val Claret and from there either Perce Finicular to do Génépy or Fresse/Priarond

Are any of those particularly challenging Blues? He's a bit scarred after a wrong turn in Courchevel landed him on Trovets (Tourette's) on poor snow!

Any other easy blue recommendations greatly received!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@garfy1971,
I'd recommend you contact Steve Angus for a few lessons.
Espace Killy's piste grading is a bit savage.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TDC also operate out of Tignes. Ask for Gavin. https://www.tdcski.com/tignes/ski_lessons_index.php
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kenzie - thanks for the recommendation. And yes as Dr John says we are also in Tignes! Personally im fully booked now until the end of the season and im pretty sure this week all my colleagues are too but give TDC Tignes a buzz and they might be able to help!

However garfy1971 - if I were you are reading the 'plough to parallel' and 'nervous' words into account I would be heading somewhere to allow these things to happen and I dont think any of the obvious options would allow that! You might consider just working on the lower slopes in Le Lac to get that confidence if I were you!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Your plan sounds fine. Although I would avoid Henri other than at the very start of the day as it's quite a busy slope so lots of people to deal with and potentially snow gets cut up a bit more than most.

My suggestion would be take tovieres up, down to marmottes, and then grand Prix area. Easy blue and green options for you to do a few laps of. Tends to be quiet. Then you can move onto Fontaine and Borsat lifts. Lots of easy greens in the area between those 3 lifts.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all

@steveAngus thanks we'll spend a few hours getting him back into it and we have a couple of afternoon lessons booked!

@boarder2020 good advice we'll head that way
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Avoid Henri at the end of the day, the drunk Folie Douce crowd tend to fly down it un masse to get back to Val Claret

+ 1 for Grand Prix area (via Tovieres and Marmottes) snow is typically excellent and runs are easy, as previously said runs under Borsat are also suitable.

I would download on Tovieres at the end of the day because you don't really have any easy on snow options to get back to Le Lac (black runs under Tovieres or potentially bumpy blues on the opposite of the Tignes valley on the right of the piste map)

Grattalu on the right of the piste map above Val Claret is also pretty good with typically excellent snow but the upper section can get a little bumpy in the afternoon, this also has access to the snow parks if that's your thing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here are some nice, not very steep (but fun) mainly blue runs to get you going @garfy1971 Very Happy Apologies for any duplication!

From Palafour Chair in Le Lac: The Combe/Anémone and Almes runs back down to Le Lac would fit the bill.
From Grande Motte Funicular: Génépy and Prariond, back down to Val Claret, are nice.
From Borsat Chair (just over the border into Val D'Isere): Any of the green runs are good fun and more like blues overall. Either back down under the Borsat Chair, or over (left on the piste map) to Grand Pré Chair.
From the top of Grand Pré: The nice, blue Club des Sports run goes to Fontaine Froid Chair. From the top of there, it's nice cruisy blue runs (3J and Diebold) to get back towards Le Lac via Tommeuses Chair.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^^^ Whilst I agree any of the greens from the top of Borsat Chair are nice (bar the very first part - top tip take the path on the far side around to miss the top bit out) I would not say they are 'more like blues' - just normal greens; and I also would not say 3J (Diebold perhaps more so but gets very busy - accident hotspot on that part of the mountain!) is a cruise blue - id call it a hard blue bordering on red. And sorry to say Clud des Sports blue can be a nice blue but often (as its quite narrow) gets chopped up! But generally some good recommendations there!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
But generally some good recommendations there!
Apologies for the 5h1t£ ones! Tried me best, honest! Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
But generally some good recommendations there!
Apologies for the 5h1t£ ones! Tried me best, honest! Laughing

All good. Lots of it is personal opinion of course!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just a catch up on this.

Thanks all for the recommendations. We had a blast hanging around Marmottes, Borsat (we soon discovered the path) and the Grand Pre and the young-un has definitely re-discovered his skiing mojo! Older one decided that our first trip down Crocus/Johan Clarey was "a bit too slow". I avoided the temptation!

We'll be back to Tignes for sure!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glad you enjoyed it @garfy1971 Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy