Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Coches from Dieppe route

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at the route from Dieppe, it goes very close to Paris!? Can’t see how to post a photo. On searching past posts someone suggested via Rouen/Riemes and then taking the usual route but that adds on an hour. However, the thought of maybe ending up on the boulevard peripherique is maybe worth the detour?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, Paris but you shouldn't need to brave the périph.

What's the time of your arrival into Dieppe?

That's the trouble with those more westerly ports.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
About 5/6am
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Riemes?

I don't see any worthwhile way of not skirting Paris.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne wrote:
I don't see any worthwhile way of not skirting Paris.

Amiens - St Quentin - Reims. No idea if it is the best route for the OP.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Layne, I just read it on another post from a few years back that route was an option for some. We did actually thinking about stopping on champagne region as we have done in past to stock up at a certain champagne house we like.
However would need to weigh it up if it does add on another hour.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I don't see any worthwhile way of not skirting Paris

I agree. But no need to get involved in the Périph. Your best bet is just to use up to date sat nav on the morning and take the recommended route which will probably be round Paris and the A6. Next time, go to Calais!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Origen, we normally use tunnel, as previously we’ve booked with Erna Low and get the upgrade included which is ideal when driving from Scotland and maybe arrive earlier or later than expected. So looked at other options and this ferry route was a reasonable price and a few recommended so we thought we’d give it a go.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It'll probably go fine - it's shorter than Calais.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gilly28, we came back from Dieppe at the weekend, having travelled down to Ste Foy the previous weekend.
We take the Amiens, St Quentin, Reims route. We have loads of time which probably makes a big difference, we stayed overnight in Reims on the way down and in Troyes last Saturday night. We just avoid Paris.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The route via Amiens and Reims seems to add an hour and a bit to the journey.

As @Origen says you are not or shouldn't be hitting the inner/peripherique so I wouldn't sweat it.

If you were doing stopovers as per @Pamski might make sense.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I use the Amiens route and would think the actual addition is about 45 mins (100km) but reduces the stress around Paris where some of the tunnels cause loss of GPS signal. I also find that this route enables a fuel stop at the Leclerc Chamfleury which is easily found just off the motorway near Reims. You also avoid the Rouen low emission zone.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@tarrantd, thanks. We may well use this route ams stock up with some champagne.
Yeah even if we shouldn’t be near the peripherique, i guess a wrong turning might well end up there!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's an experience! I went round it quite late at night. Deliberately - stupidly thought it would be quiet! Faced with the "turn left or right" on joining I chose the wrong way and ended up going round the long way. There were an extraordinary number of open-sided trucks carrying live birds - ducks, geese, chickens, no doubt destined for the tables of Paris in the following days.

An experience best avoided, though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah our friends that are with us ended up on it with a caravan once.
We are going that route, but satnavs in both cars are telling us to go diff roads. At present we are heading to Rouen. Timings are ok so hopefully we are on the right route.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy